During the period of February 15, 2013, date of service of the QSA Expert (quality and food safety, to October 17, 2013 was the point on the activities carried out during the first phase of the Programme quality of AAFEX (PAA1).
Synthesis papers developed and on the program quality of the first phase (AAP 1) have allowed to develop in this second phase (AAP 2) aQuestionnaire which has been tested on the ground through diagnostic missions carried out by the QSA Expert on site (business) in Burkina Faso Fao, Mali and Senegal.
The Questionnaire includes 133 criteria in relation to the good agricultural practices (gap), the good practices of Hygiene (BPH), the principles of HACCP,traceability/reminder, and Certification (organic, Global Gap, and HACCP, among others). It can evolve into a Charter or common repository for AAFEX member companies.
The Plan of action related (also field tested) allows to structure the process quality and safety of food at the level of each enterprise; It focuses on the good agricultural practices (BPA), the good practices of Hygiene (BPH), prerequisites (BPH) Audit Plan, t he methodology of hazards Identification, risk assessment and HACCP Plans. In addition it allows to classify companies according to the level reached.
(i) the results of diagnostics on site (Burkina Faso, Mali and Senegal) show the need for every company to have a quality (and food safety) with an authority and defined responsibilities. This allows to document, coordinate, structure, updating and constantly improve the quality (and food safety) system implemented on the basis of quality (and food safety) policy appropriate to thereality of the company.
(ii) the company’s quality system will take into account the other programs (including supplies, energy and AFTER), in terms of synergy, through the following actions:
- Scheme of organization of supply and/or Procedure for the identification and monitoring of suppliers,
- Control of the equipment in the best conditions for cost and profitability (reduction of the cost of electricity bills), and access to equipment adapted measures,.
- Nutrition labelling of finished products,
- Laboratory checks required for applications for authorization for access to the European market for the Novel Foods (new food),
- Development of 23 cards products,
- Demonstration and Dissemination of the results of research on African traditional food processing processes optimization.
In 2013 the total 07 contracts were signed to assist companies in their approach BPH/HACCP, Bio or Global certification or Gap, in Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Mali, Togo and Senegal):
- 02 Contracts for Burkina Faso for the benefit of 12 companies (AMOKFAT, Gebana Africa, La Laiterie Kossam, West, Sonny drying, Sucotrop Impex) with one of the two consultants and (ADI, Gany Shah, Global Business Company, HUNOFA & SAFCOD, Ranch of Koba, Sodepal) with the another Consultant.
- 01 Contract for Mali to 06 Enterprises (ACOGEDI, KAMEL CEREALS, the orchard, SOKARIMA, UCODAL and UTRAF YANGO).
- 01 Contract for Senegal in favor of 04 02 companies demonstrated their motivation (FRUITALES, the field crops-food, ESTEVAL, BAOBAB of flavors).
- 01 Contract for Côte d’Ivoire in favour of 04 enterprises (Coco Pack, the pre-cooked GPL, PKL, SITA S.A. ETS).
- 01 Contract in Togo in favour of one (01) company (EPSILON)
- 01 Contract is signed to Benin for the benefit of the company (CVSFEB – AZOWENONGBOYA).
As regards the PQ2 prospects in 2014 are:
- Support to the approach quality and food safety (training-action BPA or BPH, establishment of BPA, BPH, traceability and HACCP Plan) for other companies in different countries,
- Audits and/or Certifications Bio, Global Gap, HACCP, among others (support for monitoring and the renewal of certificates),
- Control of sanitary quality of products (chemical and microbiological analyses among others), and signatures of conventions with recognized competent/accredited laboratories ISO 17025;
- Nutritional labelling finished (from the needs expressed by businesses).
- Technical studies, training and advice targeted at the request of the companies.
- Support to the efficient appropriation of improved processing methods (results of the project AFTER), in the aspect of management of the quality level of