AAFEX trade promotion strategy is essentially based on the Organization of the participation of businesses to different shows and trade events in destination markets. The purpose is to advertise the products of Africa and meet buyers, importers, or distributors.
An overview of our commercial Actions
- Fair of Madagascar : 2010 AAFEX participated in the fair of Madagascar via Madagascar section.
- FOODEX JAPAN : from February 26 to March 5, 2010 AAFEX was represented and accompanied the participation of some members at the FOODEX JAPAN in Tokyo. Various products of the Member companies of the Association were exposed during this major world event trading. This participation allowed very interesting business opportunities for products like the quinqueliba, bissap, Natalie (Baobab powder) under different formulations: leaves, powder, syrup,… Thus, one of the participating companies in this exhibition could find opportunities for its products.
- SIAGRO : during meetings of the packaging from 23 to 26 March 2010 at the salon SIAGRO in Dakar, AAFEX organized flag Africa Food Pack which consisted of more than 290 m² a fifty exhibitors from 20 countries. The exhibiting companies were able not only to meet packaging and equipment manufacturers but also to promote their products to many visitors to the fair.
- SIAM 2010 : from April 23 to May 2, 2010 AAFEX organized the participation of 11 of its member companies from 9 countries of Africa at the Salon of Agriculture in Morocco in Meknes, ACIS 2010. This first participation at an exhibition in the Maghreb has been a success for the promotion of the products of the members in this new market. AAFEX Pavilion was visited by King Mohamed VI of Morocco which has maintained aves exhibitors and enjoyed the presence of AAFEX representing 17 countries. The Ministers of agriculture of Burkina Faso and Mali, ambassadors and representatives of African countries, as well as the mayors of the city of Meknes and the city of Nice in France visited AAFEX stands. Companies have built many commercial contacts with Moroccan operators of the distribution of fruit juices and syrups.
- FANCY FOOD SHOW :, AAFEX has organized the participation of some members to the FANCY FOOD SHOW in New York from 27 to 29 June 2010 and10, July 12, 2011 in Washington DC with for objective the promotion of the products of its members in these important markets organized by the Trade Hub. In addition to its participation in the exhibition, AAFEX conducted a survey of the New York market in the context of the start of its new business strategy for the promotion of products from Africa.
- Fruit Logistica : from 08 to February 12, 2011 in Berlin. Participation in this type of salon aims to pool the capacities and skills of exporters of fresh fruit and vegetables sector to compete on external markets.
- Promote 2011 : from 3 to December 9, Aafex attend the Promote being held in Yaoundé in Cameroon and or 15 members from different African countries will exhibit at the Pavilion Taste of Africa.
In addition to these missions, the reflection and initiatives are continuing to enhance the capacity and skills of AAFEX commercial promotion:
- evaluation and organization of member companies offer (see catalogue and cards products AAFEX techniques)
- market research for certain products: preparation of the market study on coffee in Nigeria
- a label AAFEX feasibility studies
- research and development of business partnerships